If you're integrated with our Shopify fulfilment app you can manage your Brand Profile through your Shopify store admin panel.
It's a good idea to do this before you start managing your products to make sure your labels are ready to assign to your products before they're ordered. If you haven't already installed our Shopify App then that's your first step. But if you have, let's get started.
Log in to your Shopify store and navigate to the Inkthreadable app by either clicking the Apps button at the top of your page or scrolling down to and clicking the Apps button on the Admin menu (the little jigsaw piece icon) and selecting Inkthreadable from the list.
Packing slips are included in your parcels free as standard and contain only the information you add on this page, along with details of the items included.
Click the Edit Your Brand Profile button at the top right to load the Brand page.
Here you can add information about your brand to your packing slip, including a logo, thank you message, discount codes and more. So let's get started!
The first thing you can add is your brand logo. This will appear on your packing slip to reinforce your brand identity when your customer sees it. To add a logo, click the upload button and select a file from your computer, or drag and drop to the prompted space.
Next you'll enter your customer service details. They're not all required, but we'd recommend at least including your company name and email so your customers know how to contact you.
The address is useful for returns. Inkthreadable does not accept returns on behalf of our customers so you'll need to detail your returns policy on your Shopify store for your customers, and an address here can help with that.
Now it's time for the main course! The content that will appear on your packing slip. There are quite a few different fields here, so this is what they're all for:
- Brand colour: This colour will be used as the main colour on the packing slips. You can enter your own HEX code or click the colour block to choose from a selection tool. Use your main brand colour if possible, but we'd recommend choosing a darker rather than a lighter colour since the slip is printed on white paper.
- Custom title: The custom title is a short-but-sweet acknowledgement to the customer. For added personalisation, use the code ||USERNAME|| to include the user's first name (Thank you, ||USERNAME||! for example). This is the only field that this will work in so take advantage!
- Custom message: A short snippet of text to provide more information to the customer about you, introduce them to your brand or offer a more in-depth thank you message.
- Featured Message: Everyone loves a discount, right!? This field is intended as a spot to share a discount code with your customer to encourage repeat orders. Just be sure to make the discount code live in your store too!
Finally, we come to the social media section. Enter your social handle used for your accounts, and select which platforms you use and your handle and relevant icons will be displayed on your packing slip.
Click the Save changes button to save everything you've done so far.
Selecting your packing slip template
Scroll to the top of the page and you'll see four tabs; Brand, Packing Slip Template, Labels and Sticker. Click the Packing Slip Template tab to view the available templates.
Click the preview button next to each template to see the details entered on the Brand tab in action! Select your preferred template and click the Save changes button.
Your packing slips are now set up! These will be included in all orders placed through your Shopify store. Your packing slips can be edited at any time, too. Packing slips are printed as your orders are packed to ship, so any changes will take immediate effect and will apply for any orders in your account that haven't yet been dispatched.
You also have the option to upload brand labels to your Brand Profile. Scroll back to the top of the page and click the Labels tab to upload your labels.
These are optional DTG labels printed in the back of the neck to a maximum size of 8x8cm. Each printed label costs £1.51 and is added to the cost of production when added to your product variant during set-up.
Sizes aren't required on neck labels but it's one route you could go down, but most customers simply run with their brand logo.
Information you can include:
- Care instructions (Wash at 30, inside out. Don't iron over print.)
- Fibre content (100% cotton, for example.)
Please note: Not all products can have printed labels, for example hoodies with fluffy lining and racer back vests where the width of printable space in the neck is too narrow.
Stickers are the newest addition to the branding options available to you, and they're free! Once you've uploaded a file we'll automatically print and apply your sticker to the outside of your parcel before shipping.
Scroll back to the top of the page and click the Stickers tab. On this page you can download a PSD template to help create your sticker, and if you don't have access to Photoshop you'll need to create a circular sticker at 5cm x 5cm.
Once you're happy with your Brand Profile click the Update button.