Good news for stores selling into the EU! You can now submit your IOSS number in the billing address of your profile.
What is IOSS?
IOSS stands for Import One-Stop-Shop. IOSS allows merchants to collect, declare and pay the VAT to the tax authorities instead of making the buyer pay the VAT when the goods are imported into the EU.
Using IOSS can help improve the delivery time of your orders exported to the EU. This is because IOSS eliminates the need for customers to pay VAT at the time of delivery, which often leads to delays. To learn more about IOSS, visit the European Commission's website.
How to Submit Your IOSS Number For All Exports
1. Open your profile in Inkthreadable.
2. Under the Billing Address heading, locate the IOSS Number field.
3. Enter your number, excluding IM. The number should be 10 digits long and not contain any letters.
4. Tick the box to confirm that you are registered for VAT IOSS.
5. Scroll down and save changes.
Once submitted, this IOSS number will be used on all exports for your account except:
If the order is placed through the Etsy integration, in which case we'll use Etsy's IOSS number;
or you override it on the checkout page when placing a manual order, in which case that order only will be exported using the IOSS number submitted at the checkout.
How to Apply an IOSS Number to a Single Export
1. Start to place a manual order as normal, until you reach the Billing Address stage.
2. Enter the number into the IOSS Number field at the checkout.
The IOSS number will be used for this single export, and will override the IOSS number in your profile (if any).
If you have any questions about using IOSS with Inkthreadable, please contact us.